Built in 1906 to help fight the frequent fires of downtown Winnipeg, the James Avenue Pumping Station drew water from the Red River for distribution to the area’s fire hydrants. The building was declared a municipal heritage site in 1982.
We offer high and low table seating. We feature a custom made wooden bar top and 2 large family style tables built by local designer Beard Brothers Woodworking. The refurbished brick structure is punctuated by vintage fire hose carts, red hydrants, and copper fire extinguishers. At the center of it all, the preserved machinery is our star attraction.